The Rivers West District for Sport, Culture & Recreation Inc. Annual General Meeting was held on June 19, 2018 at the Norbion Cooperative Community Centre. Please find the Rivers West District 2017-2018 Annual Report here.
Thank you to the Norbion Cooperative Community Centre volunteers for hosting the Annual General Meeting and preparing lunch. Thank you to the T'n'C Alpaca Farm and Fibre Studio for the amazing tour following the meeting.
Saskatchewan Parks Worker Course
- Course Instructor: Patricia Hanbidge with the Saskatoon School of Horticulture
- Location: The Legends Centre – Child Minding Room – Main Floor, Warman, SK
- Date: Monday, September 24 to Thursday, September 27, 2018
- Time: 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily (lunch included)
- Cost: $485 plus GST for SPRA Members
About this Course
This course provides an overview of a typical parks system and its maintenance practices. The course will discuss plant physiology, soil health and best practices for park landscapes in Saskatchewan, including design, construction and maintenance of parks and park features. Focused on the Horticultural requirements for a successful park system, this course is specifically designed for SPRA members, municipalities in Saskatchewan and park operators.
Course topics include: Park Management and Design - Soil Health, including Soil Properties, Nutrients and Water, and Erosion and Conservation - Plant Biology, including Plant Anatomy and Plant Diseases and Pests - Park Design, including Fundamental of Park Design, Plant Selection, and Park Features - Best Practices for Park Maintenance, including Short/Long Term Maintenance and Integrated Pest Management and Park Management Challenges.
For More information please see the Saskatchewan Parks Worker Course Brochure.
2018 Conference and Annual General Meeting
- Recreation Roundup: The 2018 Saskatchewan Parks and Recreation Association Conference
- October 17-20, 2018 - Maple Creek and Cypress Hills
Coaches Association of Saskatchewan Workshops:
Museum Association of Saskatchewan
Museum Association of Saskatchewan Volunteer Management Workshop in Lloydminster
- Certificate Program in Community Museum Studies
- November 3rd, 2018
- 9:30am – 4:30pm
- Lloydminster Cultural and Science Centre, Lloydminster, SK
- $60 (Members), $80 (Non-Members), $40 (Students)
In this course, you’ll learn about the scope of volunteerism nationally and provincially, volunteer
trends and motivation, and community analysis. You’ll also examine the relationship between the
museum and community and its impact on volunteerism, learn how to write a volunteer policy, and
understand the volunteer management cycle.